The new Bourjois lipstick was an impulse purchase I made at the end of September. When I’m feeling down I buy a lipstick, you know me.
- I paid 21, 49 lv. for this lipstick (almost 11 €)!!! I usually buy Bourjois’ new products right after they hit the shelves, I’ve read the foreign reviews after all. I’m used to paying the promo price. I purchased this lipstick right after it was released at the end of September and paid the full price. I buy Bourjois products for years and I’m disappointed with the new policy of the brand. The lipstick was discounted in October in Lilly, it was 6 lv. (3€) cheaper and now it’s back at 21,49 lv.. It’s quite pricy for a drugstore product.
- The quantity - You get 2,4 g. of product, which makes the lipstick even more expensive.
- The packaging - The cap cracked after a week of use without me dropping the product or anything. Apparently now in Lilly they seal the packaging with tape. I don’t blame them, I prefer it instead of buying an used lipstick. I wasn’t much of an expert in removing the tape when I photographed the product so you can see some leftovers.
- The lipstick is strongly scented, it smells of Nivea skincare.
- The formula - I’m really impressed with the formulation, it feels feather light on the lips. The finish is matte and the lipstick is hydrating. Rouge Velvet the lipstick is strongly pigmented.
- Longevity- The lipstick is very long-lasting, it stays on for about 8 hours. This is one of the big advantages of this product.
- Easy application - The formulation is creamy and opaque. The shape of the lipstick in the bullet allows for a precise application.
In a nutshell
The lipstick is nice, but it’s way too expensive for a drugstore product. The packaging sucks.
P.S. The product is bought with my own money. My advice is to look forward for the discounts in the drugstores if you want to purchase it. It’s a regular practice now and the prices keep going up.