Here is the post with my top 14 books of 2014 that I promised you. They are not in any particular order. Not all books in this list are published in 2014, but they are all books that I have read in 2014. As you know I read mainly new books and I usually read them in English. A lot of you often ask me do I know when they can expect a book to be published in Bulgarian. I thought about publishing the dates that I know of on Facebook and Twitter, but the thing is that some of my followers there don't speak Bulgarian. I decided that my weekly newsletter is the best place for this information. I managed to divide the list with my subscribers using the names and the email adresses to people who live in Bulgaria and people who live in foreign countries. Bulgarians receive the newsletter in Bulgarian, the other readers receive it in English. So I started sending the information about new releases that I have in this newsletter. You can subscribe using the form on the right side of the page. If for some reason I've made a mistake and you get the wrong newsletter please write me so I can move you to the right list.
So here are my favourite books of 2014.
1. We were liars by E.Lockhart - Everyone raved about this book last year and I know that a lot of you want to read it. The good news is that you can find it in Bulgarian after February 7th. I can't tell you much about this book because it's one of these mysteries where the main character suffers from amnesia. The story is about a very rich family who summer on a private island. The writing style is amazing and it's definitely worth reading.
2. Fangirl by Rainbow Rowell - Rainbow Rowell is quite popular at the moment. You can find her first bestsellar Eleonor and Park in Bulgarian after January 24th, you can check out my review here. I decided to choose Fangirl (review here) for my 2014 favourites because the book is so light and it can make you feel good. On the other hand Eleonor and Park is a sad love story between two teenagers. Rainbow Rowell has two more novels for adults and I really admire her because she has bestsellars in different genres.
3. The story of Twitter:Hatching Twitter by Nick Bilton - Hatching Twitter tells the story of the social network Twitter. This book is very interesting, there are intrigues, power struggles. The characters are very likable. One of the founders of Twitter is a founder of Blogger too. Nick Bilton's writing is amazing. Hatching Twitter was a huge success and soon we can expect mini series based on it. You can find my review here.
4. The darkest minds by Alexandra Bracken - I haven't written about this series by now, but I love it so much. The last book in the trilogy In the afterlight was released last year. The darkest minds is not translated in Bulgarian and I have no idea why. The books are very popular.
5. David and Goliath by by Malcolm Gladwell - In 2014 I discovered Malcolm Gladwell's books. Many of them are translated in Bulgarian, but his newest one David and Goliath is not yet. It's the one that I include in my 2014 favourites. David and Goliath explores why so often the person who is weak wins over someone stronger.
6. Beautiful disaster by Jamie McGuire - This book is a really nice love story. It's a "new adult" book, this new genre that is targeted towards twenty somethings. The characters Travis and Abbey are very interesting. In Beautiful disaster there's a lot of what Americans call "drama", you just can't put it down. There is a scene in this book that just left me so shocked. If you have read it you know what I'm talking about, I don't want to spoil the story for the others. I highly recommend it! You can find it in Bulgarian.
7. Poke the box by Seth Godin - I've written a lot about Seth Godin, I really like his books. I read his blog every single day, you can find it here. I really liked the idea in Poke the box. It's about how there's nothing wrong in starting something new and failing.
I decided to devide this post into two parts because it's quite long. I'll show you the other 7 books in my next post.